Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ghost phobias Necessary or Unecessary?

Okay, I've realized that I have a serious anxiety problem. I'm for one scared of the dark..so I sleep with a lamp on ever single night. But even worse than that I have a big fear of ghost. If we want to get specific it's called Phasmophobia. Ick, the name is scary in itself. But i literally lay in bed at night praying that some odd demonic spirit doesn't try to come haunt me. Strange? I think so too.


Actress demonstrating initial reactions of fea...Image via Wikipedia


A common fear of people is haunted buildings, believing that paranormal activity is there. Of course this fear of spirits is increased by the world wide web by videos, photos, and spooky stores. But what about the more credible unexplained proof. The question is WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY!?!




As the cloud is consumed and vanisheth away: so he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more. He shall return no more to his house , neither shall his place know him any more ." Job 7:9-10


In my twisted brain, I interpret this as him saying that once you die, you are in your grave awaiting for him to call you up. Awaiting in your grave.


On the other hand, Aren't angels and demons spirits? Aren't angels and demons real?


Revelation 12:4 seems to indicate that Satan took one-third of the angels with him when he sinned. Jude 6 mentions angels who sinned. The Bible indicates that the demons are fallen angels who, along with Satan, rebelled against God.


See...so God also says that there are angels, and demons. Does this mean that Angels and demons are not ghosts? Is there really a difference?


Wikipedia states: that ghost is said to be the apparition of a deceased person, frequently similar in appearance to that person, and usually encountered in places she or he frequented, the place of his or her death, or in association with the person's former belongings. The word "ghost" may also refer to the spirit or soul of a deceased person, or to any spirit or demon.


and it also states:The English word "spirit" comes from the Latin "spiritus" (breath). The term is commonly used to refer to a supernatural being which is transcendent and therefore metaphysical in nature.


On that note I'm gonna let you ponder on what you've read..
So....what to believe. I do not know. Any thoughts on this feel free to post up.


BOO.


The funny thing is, is that i freak myself out just researching this stuff. lol

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, know when I was a young girl I wrestled with the fear of something bad happening to myself or my family. I think a lot of that creeps in from what we watch and read and are exposed to. Anyhow, it was a HUGE fear. My older sister shared the scripture 2 Timothy 1:7 with me: God has not given me aspirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind. I quoted this scripture every night for years out of fear. This verse brought me comfort, but the fear still remained. It wasn't until I was 21 or so that I REALIZED the authority I had over the fear, through Christ. Then, when I spoke the scripture-MY FEAR LEFT ME and has not returned. (Amen) Scripture can be a comfort, but it is also a powerful weapon in our defense against Satan. By our FAITH which comes from and is strengthened by the WORD, we are able to put God's power to work against the enemy and claim freedom from fear or whatever the bondage may be.

    In Romans 10:17 we read,

    "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God."

    Matthew 28:18Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

    "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you" (John 15:7).

    James 1:6-7 says, "But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord.

    See, it is by our faith in Christ, that we inherit the authority and power to defeat the enemy.

    God is using you, Tayler in a mighty way, your thoughts have blessed me today. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete