Thursday, July 29, 2010

What is BIG to you?

This is gonna blow your mind. So everyone, on earth what is the biggest hugest thing you can think of? A continent? A mountain? The Ocean? I mean these things are HUGE, look at the Great Wall of China & the Grand Canyon. Can you say MASSIVE!!
Now think about the Universe...What in your mind do you see as the biggest thing in the Universe? An astroid? A planet? The moon? Stars? The sky in general? The Milky Way?(not the candy bar)

Well, Fortunately for the human race..all your anwers are WRONG!!! WHOOO!
Why am I excited about you incorrectness?  Well, I'm not excited about you failing to give me the correct answer, I'm more excited that there is something bigger than all of our earthily answers.

I want you to gaze at the  picture below for a few seconds...

Pretty Amazing, I agree.
This is a picture of galaxies, as some of you may know. And yes I said Galaxies. Plural. Within those galaxies is our Galaxy, and within our galaxy is planets, moons, earth, ect. Whoa!!HUGE. You would think it would take something huge in itself to create something like this. But wait, that's not all. Did you know that there is more than one cluster of galaxies? WOW. There is more than one cluster of galaxies!

Does that give you even an inkling of how big God is?!?!!

 Look at the detail of his work! God didn't have to create each person to have a different voice, he didn't have to create multiple species of birds, he created different laughs!! Have you noticed everyones laugh is pretty much different? WOW!

There are things that we as humans with our tiny brains can't even fathom.

"If my mind was the size of a soda can and God is the size of all the oceans, it would be stupid for me to say He is only the small amount of water I can scoop with my little can. God is so much bigger, so far beyond our time-cased, air/food/sleep-dependent lives." -Francis Chan

Crazy to know that we don't even have the capability to truly know how BIG God is.
God must love us a lot, he did all this for us. He lets us humans be apart and use his detailed work.
He gave up his son!! How would your parents react to someone nailing you on a cross? Or as a parent, how would you react to your children being nailed to a cross. God did that, gave his son for us, for everyone of us.

Give yourself a few minutes and then I want to ask you to go to www.crazylovebook.com and Watch the "Just Stop and Think" video link. (AND PLEASE DO IT!! It will open your eyes.)

I'm reading the "Crazy Love" book right now by Francis Chan, and I just gave you a glimpse of the first chapter, or at least what I got out of it. I highly recommend the purchase of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment