Tuesday, July 27, 2010

One of My Greater Expieriences

Hey guys.My first thing i want to talk about is one of my greater experiences with the Lord, Jesus Christ. <3 SOO good. I could literally talk to you about him all day if you asked me too. But for now I just want to start out with a major minor detail in my walk with Christ.

My freshman year was one of the hardest years for me. I was taking college BCIS, cheerleading, playing volleyball, track, softball. And maintaining those good grades for my grandparents to see in the honor roll each six weeks. But also deep down I was emotionally exhausted not many people know this about me, but i was literally stuck in a depression stage towards the end of the first semester, i began getting more moody faster, and kinda standoffish. At this time I was going through family problems that I was beginning to no longer handle, I moved out of my dads house the last day of school to live with my mom, who i was also having problems with because she was also working and our communication just really sucked and i also had done something that i don't want to voice on facebook. But At the beginning of the year I had gotten my friend Christina to start going to church with me on Wednesdays at Flipside, and eventually i drifted and she stayed. She finally after a few times got me to go with her again.

Mrs. Penny's sermon that Wednesday was all about sexual purity and about family problems and how people cope and react to situations. God had indefinitely spoken to me, and i felt ashamed of myself. As the sermon ended it was time for praise and worship, everyone had their hands up reaching for God and singing, and all i could do was cry like a baby, all i felt was shame, and pathetic. I wanted my relationship with my father but i felt i couldn't fix it, i wanted my mom to be home and be their for me. And i wanted to fix the unfixable. As i stood their i realized i hadn't even opened up to any one about anything i hadn't try to let it out or vent or even get the nerve to ask God's help. But there amidst all the other faces in the crowd worshipping God...Vicky Wynn came to me and gave me a loving hug and said "Tayler Don't worry about your parents or whatever is going on with your parents. God is in control. And quit beating yourself over whatever you have done. God forgives you." After worship was over and the final announcements were said, I found Mrs. Wynn...and asked her, "how did you know about that? how did you know what i was upset about?" she simply smiled and said "God told me."

That little simple moment was confirmation for me. That was my moment. That was when it was real for me.

1 comment:

  1. Tayler, I am so proud of you. I cannot tell you enough how awesome you are to me and Pa. We love you and will continue to support you in everything you do.

    ReplyDelete